Patch Notes: 1.0.11
The Story Of Pain
October 22, 2013
- Various small bug and typo fixes.
- The 'repair clothes' favour will no longer fail to work if you don't have a weapon.
- Patch informs on login will now be naturally sorted when there are more than one to be reported.
- The homunculus will now freely wander around areas that other zombies wouldn't.
- NPCs with ammo clips will now spawn with them at least partially full.
- Ammo clips sold at shops will now come with ammo.
- Rubber items no longer get the plastic adjective.
- Distill will now require a suitable heat source in a room as intended.
- You can no longer sell unconscious living creatures by depositing them directly into a shop's storeroom. What is wrong with you people??
- Corpses are now a good deal lighter, with child corpses being lighter still. You monsters.
- Logging off in a randomly generated area should no longer result on you logging on to limbo.
- It's no longer possible to repair objects in your current environment. This had too many issues associated with it. You can still repair with objects in your environment though.
- Being on fire will now tick more slowly and do more damage per tick.
- The value of ammo clips will now increase as ammo is put in them.
- Zombie declumping will now be an ongoing process, not something handled in batches every few minutes.
- The energy required to reload has been reduced.
- The research command now allows you to direct your research towards specific schematics.
- Skill books for tanning have been added.
- The amount of money available on NPCs and random corpses has been reduced a bit.
- Areas that have prohibited entry (such as Kirkmohr, the Arctic Base and Eilean Targe) will no longer clear your command queue when you're hit.
- The Arctic Research Base has now been set as wireless enabled.
- Factions with a faction lock on them will no longer do any trade in their shops with non faction members.
- Calculators now give a small science bonus when held.
- The cost of the 'handout' favour has been increased.
- Factions will no longer give you any rep credit for donating or selling stuff that they gave you as a favour.
- The mechanics of meditate have changed. Now meditating for lucky escapes and winds has a 'chance' to go with it, and the chance you get one at all is dependant on how well you passed the skill check. This is no longer even close to being a guaranteed refresh.
- A new setting for combat has been added - narrative combat. This replaces the constant display of 'x hits y with z' combat output and replaces it with a paragraph of descriptive text every few seconds.
- This is the start of a hopefully more substantial redesign of how combat is presented, allowing for large scale combats with multiple participants to be more strategic and less wading through spam.
- This is only the start of the system, and provides little genuine 'narrative' for the story of a combat. Expect this to evolve as time goes by. Consider it experimental for the time being, and no guarantees are given that it will work correctly in all situations.
- Enabled via 'options combat narrative_combat'